2017 has been over for quite a while now, so how did Ranneko Plays do? YouTube provides analytics to creators to give them a sense of what is popular on their channel, what demographics they appeal to, how long people are watching, etc. In theory, this should allow me to get meaningful information about my channel and help me find ways to improve my videos and grow my channel.
What did I release in 2017?
YouTube makes this information surprisingly difficult to collect, which means no pretty graphs, just text for this one.
During 2017, I published 334 videos, 331 of them following a fixed schedule, and 3 extras near the end of the year.
At the start of the year I released videos every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. On April 10th I shifted to a daily release schedule and I am extremely pleased to have not missed a single update during that time even with an extensive travel schedule. It seemed that I was always building up and running down the buffer in response to an upcoming trip or time away during 2017.
During that time, I covered:
- Pillars of Eternity – Continued, paused though much of the year
- Torment: Tides of Numenera – Completed, also spent a fair amount of time on the beta
- Sunless Sea: Submariner – Completed
- Polybridge – Single Stream
- Pit People – Early Access (Completed the available storyline with Syfro)
- Renowned Explorers: International Society – Completed
- Abduction Blues – Some weird thing my friends made at a game jam
- My Mom is A Witch – Dropped (Not very good)
- XCOM 2 – Dropped (Technical Difficulties)
- Massive Chalice – Completed
- XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Completed
- Thimbleweed Park – Completed (Played with Syfro)
- Curious Expedition – Dropped (One bug too many)
- Star Realms – Dissecting Replays
- Heat Signature – Tips, replays, and a traditional let’s play
- Emily Is Away Too – Completed
- Firewatch – Started
That is a total of 17 different games, 15 if you exclude DLC and game jams games
On April 10th 2017, Ranneko Plays started to release videos every single day. I am quite proud of the fact I have not missed a single day since, but was it worth it?