There is definitely something a little frustrating with Xenonaut’s terrain blocking. Edges block a much wider range than I feel is reasonable. I first noticed this with UFOs near the entrances, but here it was lethal, one Andron took down a surprisingly large number of men because it was tough and standing right next to a wall. I felt pretty cheated by Xenonauts here, it lead to a rage-quit on the day and a re-evaluation of how much I want to keep going with this game.
The Ranonauts Project would like to offer it’s heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the following soldiers:
- Lon Lon
- Pietro Bianchi
The staff here would like to make special mention that San Salvador and it’s brave people remain in our thoughts and prayers, we only wish that we had had the funding for aircraft closer to hand.
- Narmio for charging into the back half of an alien ship armed only with a stun grenade
- Scimitar for doing taking out the Andron after being reassured only twice
- Lon Lon for taking on an enemy drone with only a pistol
- Androns for always using terrain despite explicitly never taking cover
- The wall for covering a surprisingly large number of angles
- Pedro260 for racking up 5 kills in a single mission
To date Ranonauts has:
- defended the earth for 2 months and 19 days
- lost 19 soldiers
- killed 110 aliens in 14 ground battles
- captured 13 aliens
- shot down 19 alien spacecraft
- had one aircraft shot down
- received $6,350,947 in funding
Ranonauts is in desperate need for new recruits after recent… incidents, if you or a friend would like to become a soldier in the Ranonauts project please leave a comment or fill in your information here, the next set of new soldiers will arrive in episode fifteen.