I am still really pleased by the performance of the scout cars, they are big, they are relatively tough, the rocket launcher lets me clear away some problematic terrain and they can’t be turned into Reaper Zombies. Unfortunately Xenonauts does include some maps that just aren’t build with the early vehicles in mind. This is especially infuriating when I have a rocket launcher. Surely I can clear those stupid cars and light poles out of the way, I have explosions on my side!
My enemies seem to be able to handle the line of sight limitations a little better than my soldiers. They are very good at running around a corner to deal with a soldier that they could not have seen at the start of their move, and to take advantage of upper story windows much to my chagrin. This was especially bad when somehow two of my soldiers went into battle without their standard Jackal Armour.
The Ranonauts Project would like to offer it’s heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the following soldier:
- The gunner of Hunter-01 for bursting an alien right out of the gates
- Narmio for hosing down a newly born Reaper with bullets
- Keab42 for facing down the alien commander with a stun baton
To date Ranonauts has:
- defended the earth for 2 months and 16 days
- lost 19 soldiers
- killed 91 aliens in 12 ground battles
- captured 12 aliens
- shot down 14 alien spacecraft
- had one aircraft shot down
- received $6,350,947 in funding
Ranonauts is in desperate need for new recruits after recent… incidents, if you or a friend would like to become a soldier in the Ranonauts project please leave a comment or fill in your information here, the next set of new soldiers will arrive in episode fifteen.